Nov 22nd, 2011
Hello all!!! We have a short week today so even though it’s Tuesday, it feels like a Thursday Wahooo! Bring on family, friends, Chicago, a 5k and some good food!
I headed to the gym straight from work yesterday. It’s so hard to workout right after work but it may be even harder for me to leave the house to go again later at night. The TV and couch have some special force that holds me back from the gym
It was Day 44 – Legs day. I feel like I do legs day every day. They were still sore from my Saturday 2 1/2 hour workout..so I was worried about getting through it. Once I got to the gym and warmed up, my soreness was non-existant. That was a plus.
I couldn’t figure out “walking double-lunges” for the life of me. I watched a video on you-tube before I went in, but for some reason I couldn’t figure it out. I guess I’m THAT un-coordinated! I ended up modifying the double lunges where I used a 20lb dumbell…stepped forward with my right foot, then lunged, then pushed my right foot all the way to the back of me for a back lunge. Then I did the same thing with my left foot (front lunge, back lunge)…20 reps. It got my SHWEATY like a beast.
It’s crazy to see how high my heart rate goes on legs day..without even any cardio in the mix. Check it!
51 minutes and 457 calories burned….
Average heart rate of 147 with a maz of 176. Perfect average for me!
After the gym I hit up the grocery store because I wanted to try to make some Chicken muffins. I ended up adding a bunch of stuff into them and they turned out pretty good! Ryan even complimented me on them. He loves being my test dummy when it comes to cooking.
I ended up throwing in chicken and veggies. It reminded me of Chicken Pot Pie..so I’m calling these Chicken Pot Pie Muffins.
Chicken Pot Pie Muffins Recipe
- 2 lbs of ground chicken ( I used fit & Easy)
- Can of sweet corn
- Can of sweet Peas and Carrots
- 1 cup of whole grain quick oats
- 3 egg whites ( I used Break-Free egg whites from the carton)
- 2 tbs Chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspone pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Thme seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all the dry ingredients (everything but chicken and egg whites) in a big bowl.
- Add the ground chicken, oats and egg whites to the bowl with the dry seasoning.
- Using your hands, mix up the chicken and seasoning to assure all spices are spread throughout.
- Mix in the drained cans of vegetables with your hands.
- Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Using a muffin pan, form balls (tennis ball size) and place inside pan.
- Cook at 375 for 40 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated fat: .1 g
- Cholesterol: 14.2 mg
- Sodium: 271.9 mg
- Potassium: 8 mg
- Carbs: 13.6 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Sugars: 3.3 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
They were pretty filling too. I had 2 for dinner and my tummy was happy.
Tonight is going to be busy. I have to work, gym, tan, laundry…I’m literally doing GTL hah….and pack up everything for my trip back to Chicago because I’m leaving from work on Wednesday!
Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!