Jun 14th, 2012
I sometimes have a problem with REALLY craving sweets before bed. I wanted to make something that would help with my sweets craving and also be packed with protein.
And that’s why these Peanut Butter Protein Cups came to life
I saw these adorable silicone muffin cups at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and picked them up. I thought they would be perfect for making healthy frozen reeses peanut butter cups in them!
A silicone pan like this would work well too. I just found the cups and went that route.
This recipe is so quick and easy. You only need 4 ingredients!
- 6 egg whites (I used Kroger’s brand of 100% egg whites. Make sure they are 100% egg whites in the carton because these are already pasteurized and you don’t have to cook them to eat them. Usually it will say “pasteurized” on the carton like mine does)
- 1 TBS Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder ( I used Dymatize Elite Whey)
- 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and mix them up! I used my lovely Magic Bullet
- I put my muffin cups inside a normal muffin pan so that they would be easier to put into the freezer together. You don’t have to do this.
- Add mixture into muffin cups equally.
- Freeze for at least an hour! That’s it!!! Enjoy your healthy protein packed peanut butter cups!
The reason I used silicone muffin cups is because when the peanut butter cups are frozen, they would be very hard to get out of a normal muffin pan. This makes it simple to grab a frozen snack and peel it right off.
This is definitely going to be a go-to recipe for me.
The best part of this recipe is the nutrition!
The whole recipe made 12 cups. A good serving size would be 4 cups.
- Serving Size: 4 peanut butter cups
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 3.5g
- Protein 19.8g
- Carbs: 2.5
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below and let me know what you think! Enjoy