Aug 2nd, 2012
I took a much needed rest day yesterday. My entire body was sore so it felt like a good day to let my body recover. Here’s a look at my recent training I’ve done lately.
Weekly Workouts: (7/27 – 8/3)
- Friday – Shoulders/Abs & 25 min steady state cardio
- Saturday – Color Run 5k (walk/jogged steady state cardio)
- Sunday – Back/Biceps
- Monday – Booty Lift Leg workout
- Tuesday – Chest/Triceps & 30 min HIIT
- Wednesday – REST
- Thursday – Legs & 30 min HIIT
Now you can probably see why I was so sore
I’ve been eating completely clean all week again. I almost gave in and had a cheat meal last night, but I made an amazing clean pizza recipe that saved the day!!! It was so good that it tricked my mind into thinking it was a cheat. I really need to find more meals like this so I don’t feel like I’m restricting myself with foods.
Clean Mini Pizzas
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese ( I blended mine up in my magic bullet to make it a smooth consistency – I normally hate cottage cheese because of the texture!!)
- 1 ezekiel bread english muffin (gluten free, brown rice – Food For Life brand)
- 1/4 cup all natural homemade style marinara
- Magic Pizza & Pasta seasoning
All you do is add the marinara on the English muffin first, then the cottage cheese, then sprinkle with seasoning. I used my pizzazz pizza cooker to heat it up, but you could use the oven or a toaster oven to do the trick.
Side note….the pizzazz is the frickin BOMB. (Yes, I just said the bomb…) It’s probably my favorite kitchen gadget.
I re-heat almost everything on this thing because it’s way faster than the oven
Anyway….about my cheat meals…
I try to keep it to two cheat meals a week. I usually save my two cheat meals for the weekends. I know I crave them the most on the weekends so I try to keep them saved up for then.
If you try to eat very clean, how many cheat meals do you allow yourself to have?